Join our Urban Agriculture program this summer as a Summer Associate to help grow food or develop educational resources to help improve local foods and food access in the Omaha Metro area. You’ll work with Extension Educator John Porter; partner organizations like City Sprouts, Lutheran Family Services Global Roots program Whispering Roots, and Refugee Women of Nebraska, and local Master Gardener volunteers to grow vegetables, assist refugee farmers, and develop videos, graphics, social posts, and other educational content.
Choose one of two 10-week service opportunity periods:
Session 2: June 25 – September 2
- Placements are full-time (40 hrs/week) with semi-flexible schedules.
- Placement working in vegetable production or developing educational materials will be discussed during the interview process.
Benefits of becoming a Summer Associate:
- Hands-on learning with experts and the community
- Rewarding work to improve the community
- Living allowance of $2,569.70 (before taxes)
- Education award ($1,342.86) or end-of-service stipend ($345.80)
- Reduction of education costs
- Limited leave
- Click here to learn more about benefits
For questions, contact email@example.com